Once again, we were tricked to believe that the future we were promised, was here now. This time Lexus presented us with a “Hover-board” video (more like a smart way to do advertising). Therefore, in response, I have made a list of 10 things I wish were actually out right now.
- The freaking Hover-board. Come’on guys, enough with the teasers already, let’s all get to work to come up with the real deal.
- Jet packs. Although this is much closer to being a reality, they still are not there yet. I’m very jealous of these 2 guys.
- Self-driving cars. Once again, close, but no cigar. I’m not sure how the alcohol industry hasn’t pushed harder for this one! Google, BMW, and some other brands are very close to this, but I think we still have 10 more years in the making before this is an actual reality.
- VR games. I’m getting very inpatient here people. We have Oculus and the Xbox kinect. How come no awesome VR games are out there for these two things?
- Robots. I want my own personal Bender. Well, maybe not a drunk robot, but one that will clean and cook for me.
- Teleportation. Only that one guy that turned into a fly cracked it. Unfortunately, he turned into a fly. So it seems like long airplane rides will continue to rule for the next 50 years to come.
- Underwater breathing. I’ve seen some buzz about products that require no tanks to breath underwater, but nothing solid yet.
- Nanobots. This one may just be the solution to the last 7 points. The only thing we will have to do is buy a billion of them, upload our memories and consciousness, and BAM! Shape yourself to whatever you want.